Journal Entry: May 4, 2006

Journal entries by composer and pianist Laurie Conrad

Moderator: figaro

figaro

Journal Entry: May 4, 2006

Post by figaro »

A Composer’s Journal
Thursday, May 4

Took eight or so baby lilac trees out of the front gardens a few days ago & put them in a big bucket filled with water - and left the bucket on the corner with a note that said: Medium purple Lilacs/ FREE/ plant at least eight feet apart & keep wet for the first few weeks. Please leave the bucket.

Went to the corner today and the bucket was empty. Written in pencil, on my note was: Thank you for your thoughtful & kind heart. We were needing these to screen an ugly part of our property. Thanks so much. Chaloph, on Third Street, Ithaca.

I’ll have to drive by there at the end of the summer and see them ... An interesting name, Chaloph.

Last night I dreamt that Louise was recording new songs I had written. One was especially beautiful, as was her singing of it. I listened intently, and followed the melody with my Heart in the dream, admiring her phrasing - and the song. And then I woke. Unfortunately, I do not remember the notes to any of the songs ... Which does not mean that I will not write them, in this reality. They are there, somewhere, in my mind and Heart.

Sunday, May 7

Myra stopped by briefly yesterday. I was working in the garden, and she helped a bit. I mentioned the songs, & we decided to start looking for musicians. She will be back in Ithaca in a few weeks, perhaps we can set something up then. I might make the harp part a bit more difficult & interesting, just to give her something to work on. I just scribbled myself a note & threw it on the floor so I would see it when I go back downstairs. Well, I hope I see it.

There is so much to do, & so little time.