A New Book Cover for Realms of Light:7/29 - 8/5, 2007

Journal entries about clairvoyance, meditation, spirituality, and mystical experiences

Moderator: figaro

figaro

A New Book Cover for Realms of Light:7/29 - 8/5, 2007

Post by figaro »

Realms of Light: Work Continues: July 29 - September 5, 2007

Sunday, July 29

Diana e-mailed me a surprise improved cover design today for Realms of Light - she added to the former cover design which we worked on together last summer. At the time I had mentioned that we needed something superimposed on the sky, to add a new dimension, possibly to suggest another realm. I think she achieved that in this beautiful new cover design. Basically, Diana used the theme of her cloud mastheads and superimposed it on the sky - which also serves to tie the book together artistically, thematically. Diana used angles masterfully; each adds further dimensions. The angles of the rays she created also contrast well with my horizontal arm and hand, the kite tails blowing in the wind, the rocks we are standing on. (Diana pointed out the horizon is not perfectly vertical - yet again another subtle angle ...) After gazing at her work for some time, I noticed that the rays of her new cloud masthead nicely complement the stripes of my shirt. I am very pleased. We are both still proceeding at lightning’s pace; actually the new clouds behind me almost look like a lightning bolt ...

I also finished reproofing the Interviews and sent those off to Diana. Work continues on the FAQ’s. I have deleted some sections and added others, changed the order of the sections yet again. I will reproof them and then give the section to M. to proof.

Tuesday, August 7

Sent Diana the first half of the Frequently Asked Questions section of Realms of Light today. She is still working on the photographs. Decided to make the FAQ section an Appendix at the very end, after the rest of the book (including the Epilogues). Which means further changes in the Table of Contents. Sent it all off to Diana with a miasma of instructions.

As soon as M. finishes proofing the FAQ section I will reproof one more time, type the corrections in the manuscript, send it all off to Diana - and then my work on Realms of Light is temporarily done. I will still need to check Diana’s work, the new Table of Contents, the FAQ’s, the captions to the photos etc. - but very little is left for me to do at this point.

Monday, September 3

Diana has finished the photographs section of Realms of Light, with the captions straightened out and most of the missing photographs found. But she has had to put the formatting of the final chapters on hold because of other work projects. (Frogs jumping out of the wheelbarrow as she describes it.)

Soon she will be here with me, in Ithaca, for a month or so. We will work together on the covers for the Journals, A Mystic’s Journal and A Composer’s Journal - and possibly do a few more interviews which I will then post in these Journal entries.

I am still struggling physically. I have been watering the gardens at night, trying to weed and clip etc. but it is like a blind person trying vainly to see ... The other night in the gardens I asked that I see with the eyes of the soul instead of my physical eyes.

Mystically, it is a time for grief and a time for acceptance. The acceptance cannot come until I feel the grief; and when I cry the entire downstairs is filled with Divine Beings.

Wednesday, September 5

An e-mail from one of my meditators:

“Dear Laurie,
I had 2 aroma visits yesterday afternoon in my bedroom, so strong (both sweet/floral and spice/incense) they were startling.

Lots of love, Trudy ”