A Mystic’s Journal Entries March 10 - March 12, 2005

Journal entries about clairvoyance, meditation, spirituality, and mystical experiences

Moderator: figaro

figaro

A Mystic’s Journal Entries March 10 - March 12, 2005

Post by figaro »

Thursday, March 10 1:45 a.m.

Correcting the interviews on the new books, “Realms of Light”, “We Meet in Dreams” and “Meetings With Angels and Other Divine Beings”. M. reedited & I am typing those changes in. Sent the transcript back to Diana, for her to look at.

Diana sent the ms to the third volume last week, the rough layout, & JF and I will start looking at them this week. Now that they are three separate volumes, the prefaces & epilogues will need to be rewritten. We also must decide what chapters will go in which volume. I thought my work on these new books was finished, so I am not as excited about these new tasks as I might otherwise be. JF seems to have lost some enthusiasm as well, but we will slog through. I suspect that once we begin, momentum will carry us onward.

I always trust the form & timing of these sorts of events. If my intention is to truly help the world, then I must accept the tasks the world presents me with.

The result of the last Mystic’s Journal Buzzle.com poll was rather astonishing. Fifty two percent of those who responded said they experienced fragrances as they read that Journal entry. I set up that poll question on the spur of the moment. Usually I think poll questions in advance, but the fragrances were so strong as I was posting A Mystic’s Journal that day, I thought a few people might experience them as they read the entry. I did not expect such a high percentage. I am aware of a new fragrance as I write this, one I am not familiar with - very elusive, a sort of fruit/incense.

On my way to our rehearsal today, I rode with the tenor violinist, my friend Sera Smolen. At some point during the ride, we began discussing these mystical fragrances. Sera said that she wanted to come to our meditation class this week, to experience them. She suggested that the incense that we humans have created (or perfumes for that matter) might be the result of olden mystical experience. They might be our way of trying to replicate these supernatural aromas from higher realms. I said that the fragrances of fruits we had experienced during class were not aromas we could identify, they did not seem to be a fruit we had on earth. Sera said it was perhaps the ambrosia of the Greeks. That Grecian mystics might have experienced these same fruitlike aromas and people later called them the ambrosia of the gods, in other words supernatural, not of the earth. An interesting thought.

In a way, it is sad that these visitations are so newsworthy. One would hope that they could be more prevalent, more ordinary. That humanity was pure enough and loved God enough for this sort of phenomena to be ordinary, the norm. In some apparitions, ten people can be all looking at the same physical spot on earth - and five people will see Our Lady and the others will not. In one apparition, in South America, Our Lady told one person that the others did not see Her because their hearts were hardened. She did not explain that sentence, so we humans will have to ponder the meaning. In that instance, several people saw Her and the others did not. Even in Fatima, the famous apparitions there, not all the children saw Our Lady’s form. Only Lucia, who became a nun and just recently died, could see Her clearly. I believe the other two children could not look upon Our Lady, the Light was too bright for their eyes.

What a Mystery this little life on earth is.

The fragrances in class last night were very strong, especially during my meditation. The strong aroma of roses & myrrh during my meditation were as intense as the first night these supernatural fragrances began. It was the presence of Our Lady. As people entered during meditation, they brought the aromas with them - roses, incense, and one new scent I could not identify. Almost like pure sugar, rock candy. We read another new Desert Father tonight, also on meditation. As usual, noone else was aware of the fragrances until class. I was not aware of the scent of fruit, but it might be because the other fragrances were so very intense. The scents were so strong, I again asked if anyone in class was wearing perfume. (No one was.) We again looked at the quotes we had read the first night of our Desert Father studies, and one of those poems said that the prayers of the saints were like perfumes. Only two of us seemed to consistently be aware of the aromas tonight, although six of us experienced them. Only one person did not. I finally told one meditator to move across the room, because the aromas do seem to be physically localized in the room. He sat where I had been sitting earlier & finally smelled a whiff of incense. The odor of roses was especially strong where I was standing throughout class & the person seated to my right was also aware of the fragrance. Later I realized that she has brought back medals of Our Lady, Star of the Sea from her recent vacation to the Florida Keys - beautiful medals with Our Lady holding the Divine Infant Jesus. The small paper bag holding those medals was between us on the floor. There were also prayer cards in that little bag, some of Saint Padre Pio. When I mentioned Saint Pio’s name in class, I was aware of a new fragrance, also very sugary & milder than the others. As I write these words I am again beginning to burn with heat, like a flame.

Friday, March 11

An e-mail from dear Father R. I sent him my Journal entry about the rosary and he wrote: “ Yes, we should try to picture the mysteries, but we will never be able to affect their outcome by jumping in and helping Jesus in His suffering or like Ben Hur trying to give Jesus a drink as He carries His cross. What be more real is that we project the mysteries into our lives as we live in the 21st century. How are these mysteries affecting us? How are we living them now? They are past events, but still must touch our lives to make our faith a living faith. My dedicated decade (of the Living rosary) is the 5th glorious mystery and I see our Lady coming into heaven to be crowned by Her Son and the Heavenly Father, but She also received authority to extend Her maternal assistance to us, so there are many intentions for which I pray - that She comes into these situations - making God’s presence here and now. It is the Living rosary - not some past events gone and forgotten ... “

I do love Father R., and I certainly agree with all that he wrote. I e-mailed him back: “Well, we’ll never know if we are in the garden with Our Lord and helping Him with our prayers and our Love or not ... No, we cannot change those events, but our Love might help to sustain Him - if not then, then now. I am suffering. You are suffering. Certainly He is suffering!”

Aside from when I say the rosary - if I see Our Lord appear in my mind, and I wash His wounds and try to extract the thorns from His Holy Head, or put healing herbs on the lash marks or His hands and feet - I really do not know what time frame we are in. There is no time there. I assume that it is in the present ...

This is one of my most favorite forms of prayer, this healing of His wounds, because I could never be as good as a saint. It is a simple thing I can do for Our Lord, and I can easily do it with much Love.

Still Father has made an excellent point. We must also remember to pray for the world, in the present. One of the dangers of clairvoyant experience is that we forget where are tasks are here on earth. It takes maturity and discernment not to get lost in them. Usually our main tasks are right in front of us - both there and here on earth.