Supernatural Fragrances: A Mystic’s Journal March 3, 2005

Journal entries about clairvoyance, meditation, spirituality, and mystical experiences

Moderator: figaro

Have you been aware of these fragrances as you read a Mystic's Journal?

Yes
No votes
No
No votes
Yes, & at other times as well
No votes

Total votes: 0

figaro

Supernatural Fragrances: A Mystic’s Journal March 3, 2005

Post by figaro »

Heaven Comes to Earth: A Mystic’s Journal Entry March 3, 2005

Thursday 10:10 a.m. The mysterious, supernatural fragrances were present again last night during meditation class. We read quotes by Sahdona the Syrian, and one last one by Evagrios of Pontus, on meditation. I just looked these monks’ names up in the slim volume we are using in class, & the scents began again. A light incense. Last night we were aware of the fruit-like scents, & strong incense - and a new fragrance, sweeter & very strong. One person who had not been in class these past weeks could not smell them until I waved my hand in her direction. Everyone else was aware of them. Again, we were aware of the fragrances only here and there during class, and not all at the same time. It seems that where we are in the room determines which fragrance we capture.

As last week, I was aware of the strong scent of incense when the meditators first entered the room, even though they were not. An e-mail from Trudy today: “Just to report that at 12:30 AM, Thursday 3/3 that the aromas have continued to visit me here at home for the last hour or so.”

T. also said that she told a few people about these occurrences - & they did not believe her. This is puzzling to me.

It is also puzzling that in twenty years of classes nothing like these delightful scents has happened before. I find myself asking: “why now?” I am also fairly certain that once we finish reading & studying this volume, these magical events will cease. These particular holy monks, for whatever reason, which to make their presence known. Even as I write these words I am surrounded by the light fragrance of some unidentifiable incense. My sinuses, which were entirely clogged when I awoke, are now completely cleared and I am filled with a burning heat. The spiritual Heart is in flames right now, warming my entire body. And now a whiff of fruit.

As intriguing & powerful as these events are, I remind myself that the main task is studying the words of these monks. I too, wish to give off such a fragrance one day - as did saint Padre Pio and other great saints. Now a different perfume arose, one I have not before experienced. This fragrance of the saints is evidence of their purity & sanctity. It is the sanctity I seek, not the fragrance itself. I think that if I keep this balance before me, I will be protected, & the fragrances will continue. Meanwhile, students that have not come to class in years are again in my livingroom on Wednesday nights, so I am happy indeed for these events.