Igor the Cat and Our Lord: Entries July 5 - 12, 2006

Journal entries about clairvoyance, meditation, spirituality, and mystical experiences

Moderator: figaro

figaro

Igor the Cat and Our Lord: Entries July 5 - 12, 2006

Post by figaro »

A Mystic’s Journal: Igor the Cat and Our Lord July 5 - 12, 2006

Wednesday, July 5
Ithaca

The Party at Windgarth went well, and lasted almost until midnight. Strewn over the lawn & house & lake: presents, chatter, swimming, food & drink, jaunts in the canoe & kayak in small, interchangeable clusters of friends. After dark, fireworks up and down the lake, a bonfire by Larry’s dock, marshmallows. Kate sat on shore, by the fire, toasting me marshmallows while the rest of us sat on the dock ... At one point, waiting, I asked: “Where did the last marshmallow go” & Kate answered simply: “I ate it.” Larry sent out a small raft of wood with three lit candles, for Cindy. We left him watching its slow journey towards the Point. Kate & Myra drove me back into town, M. stayed at Windgarth.

Something is wrong with little Igor the cat. He’s not eating.

Friday, July 7

Took Igor to the hospital, for tests. They say he has a rare disease & might only have a few weeks or days left.

Sunday, July 9

I almost died yesterday, from a bee in the Windgarth gardens. My EpiPen of adrenalin had expired, so had my - - took them anyway. On the way to the hospital, I told M. I didn’t think we would get there in time. M. called ahead & the ambulance met us in Trumansburg. They gave me an IV of adrenalin. I thought to myself: I might be on the other side, to greet my mother & little Igor. Then I asked that my prayers for the world continue, even if I left this realm - & at this thought I began to inwardly cry a little ... And also started to recover. I think our prayers for the world are more powerful if we are incarnate ...

Monday, July 10

Igor spends most of his time lying on the edge of the living room couch, facing a picture of Our Lady & the Infant Christ. His nose is an inch or two away from it. JF came by & just stood there looking at him. “He’s deeply devoted to Our Lady and her Divine Son”, I said. She said, “So I see.” Well: he is.

A light rain tonight. Igor to my right, facing Our Lady and Her Son.

Wednesday, July 12
1 p.m.

Last night, Igor cried out twice & jumped down from the couch to the floor. I put a flannel sheet down next to him, under the upright piano bench - but he stayed where he was, on the oak floor. Then I took a small picture of Christ & scotch taped it to a leg of the piano bench, inwardly asking that Our Lord take care of little Igor. Igor looked at the picture for some seconds, then curled up on the flannel sheet, with his head next to the picture of Christ ...

I found him there this morning, & he hasn’t moved from that position, his head next to Christ’s picture.